Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone jack

I dropped my iPad Air 2 while the earphones are still attached. Now my earphones doesn’t fit my headphone jack.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 5:13 AM

You have likely caused physical damage to the headphone jack. As this is internal to the iPad, it will require repair.

Apple do not themselves offer iPad repairs, but Apple Authorised Repair Agents can do so. As such, you’ll need to find an Apple Approved Agent in your region/country.

Apple do, however, sometimes offer an ability to make a chargeable exchange - the cost of which is typically reported to be about 60% of the “as new” price. If offered (this will be heavily influenced by the extent of the damage to your iPad), the exchange will be for a reconditioned iPad of the same model.

I hope this information is helpful to you - if only in identifying your possible options.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 5:13 AM in response to ze15

You have likely caused physical damage to the headphone jack. As this is internal to the iPad, it will require repair.

Apple do not themselves offer iPad repairs, but Apple Authorised Repair Agents can do so. As such, you’ll need to find an Apple Approved Agent in your region/country.

Apple do, however, sometimes offer an ability to make a chargeable exchange - the cost of which is typically reported to be about 60% of the “as new” price. If offered (this will be heavily influenced by the extent of the damage to your iPad), the exchange will be for a reconditioned iPad of the same model.

I hope this information is helpful to you - if only in identifying your possible options.

Headphone jack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.