Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sync in Notes

I have made some changes in a Notes file on my iMac.

24 hours later, I still don't see those changes in Notes on my iPhone.

What do I have to do to sync the Notes file between the 2 devices?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:52 AM

Hi ttibsen,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not seeing an update of your notes on an iPhone.

Viewing and accessing updated information in Notes, is important to complete your daily tasks. I'll be happy to help.

I recommend to review the settings for Notes on both the iMac and your iPhone. Specifically, you'll want to ensure that Notes is turned on for either iCloud or through your email service provider.

On the Mac, please open the Notes app, then navigate to the menu bar and select Notes > Accounts > in the left sidebar, select each of your accounts that's listed and make sure that Notes is turned on.

From there, please go on your iPhone and go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > select each account that's listed and make sure Notes is turned on. If Notes is already turned on, please temporarily turn off Notes and turn the feature back on to see if you're able to access your notes.

Please let me know if that helps.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 7:52 AM in response to ttibsen

Hi ttibsen,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you're not seeing an update of your notes on an iPhone.

Viewing and accessing updated information in Notes, is important to complete your daily tasks. I'll be happy to help.

I recommend to review the settings for Notes on both the iMac and your iPhone. Specifically, you'll want to ensure that Notes is turned on for either iCloud or through your email service provider.

On the Mac, please open the Notes app, then navigate to the menu bar and select Notes > Accounts > in the left sidebar, select each of your accounts that's listed and make sure that Notes is turned on.

From there, please go on your iPhone and go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > select each account that's listed and make sure Notes is turned on. If Notes is already turned on, please temporarily turn off Notes and turn the feature back on to see if you're able to access your notes.

Please let me know if that helps.

Kind regards.

No Sync in Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.