Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find some movies I already purchased through the MacBook Pro in my Apple TV?

Hi, my question is why I can't find some movies I already purchased through the macbook pro in my apple TV?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 10:56 AM

wsayed77 Said:

[...]why I can't find some movies I already purchased through the macbook pro in my apple TV?

———-

A Few Thoughts:

• Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become hidden purchases. To see if that is the case, Unhide them.

• Find them on the iTunes Store.

Hunt down these same items in the iTunes Store. When located, tap the download button.

• If Removed from the iTunes Store:

Sometimes items are removed from the iTunes Store. When that occurs, the items are no longer accessible. That all has to do with licensing between Apple and the movie studio (i.e. MGM). That’s just the way it is :(

• Download These Purchases to Backup:

So, download these next time you recover them. Save them in an external drive for easy access, incase they become removed from the iTunes Store. That way, you will be able to retrieve them again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 10:56 AM in response to wsayed77

wsayed77 Said:

[...]why I can't find some movies I already purchased through the macbook pro in my apple TV?

———-

A Few Thoughts:

• Unhide these Purchases:

Perhaps these have become hidden purchases. To see if that is the case, Unhide them.

• Find them on the iTunes Store.

Hunt down these same items in the iTunes Store. When located, tap the download button.

• If Removed from the iTunes Store:

Sometimes items are removed from the iTunes Store. When that occurs, the items are no longer accessible. That all has to do with licensing between Apple and the movie studio (i.e. MGM). That’s just the way it is :(

• Download These Purchases to Backup:

So, download these next time you recover them. Save them in an external drive for easy access, incase they become removed from the iTunes Store. That way, you will be able to retrieve them again. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

Apr 25, 2020 10:57 AM in response to wsayed77

Were all these purchases done in the same country or region?

Are the purchased titles mentioned in the Purchased tab of the Movies app?

Are the purchased titles mentioned in the Library tab of the TV app?

Do these two apps one Apple TV match each other for listed purchased titles and missing ones?

Do these missing titles appears as playable (instead of purchasable) when searching for these titles, either in the Movies app or the TV app?

How many of your purchases would you say are missing? Can you list some missing titles?

I can't find some movies I already purchased through the MacBook Pro in my Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.