Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod using itunes

Hi hope everyone is doing OK and keeping safe.

I currently have a 32Gb ipod touch I have the most current version of iTunes I have it set up to load my 2500 cd's to my music iTunes media file

if I purchase a new 128 or 256Gb ipod touch does it use a different app to load music or do I still use iTunes? my 32Gb ipod is full and I want to add more music so want to know what is ahead to load my CDs on the larger capacity ipod.

any help would be appreciated if I need a new app please explain how to get it thx

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 3:03 PM

A new iPod uses iTunes, just like your exisiting one, but what has changed depends upon which computer you use.

iTunes is no longer used on Mac computers that use the OS Catalina (OS is Operating System).

• if you use a Windows computer, you still use iTunes with the iPod
  • If you use a Mac with OS Catalina, there is a different procedure for adding music to your iPod
  • If you use a Mac with an older operating system (prior to OS Catalina), you still use iTunes
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2020 3:03 PM in response to compben29

A new iPod uses iTunes, just like your exisiting one, but what has changed depends upon which computer you use.

iTunes is no longer used on Mac computers that use the OS Catalina (OS is Operating System).

• if you use a Windows computer, you still use iTunes with the iPod
  • If you use a Mac with OS Catalina, there is a different procedure for adding music to your iPod
  • If you use a Mac with an older operating system (prior to OS Catalina), you still use iTunes

ipod using itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.