Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus will not accept correct password

I have not changed my password in more than two years, but suddenly today my iPhone 8 Plus will not accept my password. It was working fine all day, but I set it down for about an hour and when I picked it up again and tried to unlock it with my thumb print it a message appeared instructing me to enter my passcode. I have attempted the passcode, which I know is correct, several times but it will not accept it. I tried connecting the phone to my laptop to see if iTunes can access it but the phone again prompts me to enter my passcode. I do not use iCloud (and have no interest in ever doing so). Why has this happened? What can I do to unlock the phone? (Please do not tell me to restore it to the original settings)

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2020 6:43 PM

The only way to get the device working and to remove the current passcode is to restore it. You will need to follow the instructions in this support document, If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support You need to make sure that you have a backup.

2 replies

iPhone 8 Plus will not accept correct password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.