Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BOOTCAMP startup disk not showing up (PLEASE I NEED IT ASAP)

Last year I tried to install Windows 10 on my iMac 12,1 with Mac OS X Sierra. Everything went right until it had no audio when running Windows.

Later I discovered that I installed it via EFI, although my Mac only supports BIOS installation. I couldn't install it via BIOS so I gave up for 1 year.

Now I found out that I can install Windows 7 via BIOS and then upgrade to Windows 10. I made a bootable USB with Rufus, Unetbootin and Bootcamp, none of them showed up in the page where you have to choose your startup disk, I only see my hard drive and 10.12.6 recovery.

How do I fix this?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 2:51 PM

Your iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011) - Technical Specifications needs to use it's built-in Optical drive (DVD/ CD) to install W7/W8.1. W10 is not supported by Apple. However, you can upgrade W7/W8.1 to W10, if you really must.

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 27, 2020 8:54 AM in response to stefanofromcatania

• Download the ISO from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/home
  • Burn the ISO to a blank DVD-R SL disc of reputable brand
    • Right-click on the ISO and select Burn
    • Expand Burn dialog, and choose Verify and Mount
    • Choose the lowest Burn rate
    • Click on Burn and verify
  • Click on Download in BC Assistant and download Windows Support Software to a USB2 Flash drive. Do not use any other drive types
  • Disconnect the USB2 Flash drive
  • Run a SMC and NVRAM Reset
  • Insert DVD, run BCA and click on Install
  • Use the Windows icon (not EFI Boot) from the CD
  • Try to install W7/W8.1

BOOTCAMP startup disk not showing up (PLEASE I NEED IT ASAP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.