Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain with IOS 13.4.1

I had an iPhone X. Once the IOS 13..4.1 came out, The battery started draining very fast. I bought an iPhone XI Pro and transferred my data to it. The battery on my new phone is draining very fast as well. I had erased and reinstalled my old phone before purchasing the new phone. The battery settings say that Siri is using the battery. How do I fix this? I used to have really good battery life. What is the deal?

Are there are apps that might not work correctly with this version of the IOS? How do I find that out?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 12:23 PM

If you have checked the battery usage and found that Siri is using the most battery, you need to start your troubleshooting there. Try turning Siri off, the power the iPhone off and back on and test. See if that helps. There are no apps that have troubles with iOS 13.4.1, the issue is generally the individual iPhones and their setup. If turning Siri off does not help, then check the next app on the list. Do you have Hey Siri on? If so, try turning that off at the same time.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 12:23 PM in response to judith kay

If you have checked the battery usage and found that Siri is using the most battery, you need to start your troubleshooting there. Try turning Siri off, the power the iPhone off and back on and test. See if that helps. There are no apps that have troubles with iOS 13.4.1, the issue is generally the individual iPhones and their setup. If turning Siri off does not help, then check the next app on the list. Do you have Hey Siri on? If so, try turning that off at the same time.

May 5, 2020 11:19 PM in response to judith kay

There are three main bugs that have NOT been fixed (two with AirPods Pro that just got updated today with NO fixes as well as our 13.4.1 battery issue):

13.4.1 has affected battery life across the line of iOS products (sources: These Communities, Reddit, etc.)

1) ANC-issue since 2B588 firmware (released Nov. 2019) that remained in 2C54 and new 2D15 (released 5/5/2020): https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250887615?answerId=252591015022

2) Clicking sound on AirPods Pro that has been around for months also not fixed today with 2D15 (got worse for me).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251050158?answerId=252591252022

3) iOS devices running 13.4.1 are having major battery drain issues since updating. There is no known fix as of today. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251265543?answerId=252584580022 (another thread for this issue)

May 6, 2020 5:20 AM in response to judith kay

This did not help. I have totally turned off Siri. Now my mail app is using the battery. I didn’t need to purchase a new phone. I think I spent $ i didn’t need to spend. Is all this charging going to wear out my new battery? I’m very disillusioned with the problem. Please find a fix and soon. I realized there is a pandemic, but Apple people should be inventive enough to find a fix. Sorry for venting. But I have to live close to a charger. My phone is my lifeline to the outside world. I’m in a group that is supposed to stay in and away from other people as much as possible. Please send out an update.

May 6, 2020 12:03 PM in response to Marciemarcie

No, I never said that. What I said was to start troubleshooting where you are finding the issue. I've got 5 people in our family with a total of 5 phones and 4 iPads, all running iOS 13.4.1, and none have battery issues. And I am using my devices, including my Apple Watch for 15 hours a day. I have not said that people are not having problems, but they need to focus on their individual devices.

Battery drain with IOS 13.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.