Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.6 battery drain

I just installed 13.6 (forgot about the battery problem) on an iPhone SE (first gen) and it immediately started eating battery life. The problem, as far as I can see, is that Siri is using 72% of the battery, even though Siri is TURNED OFF and I have never used it. If there's a way to completely kill Siri, please let me know because it appears to be draining the battery. With the prior release of iOS, battery life was quite decent and I never had to recharge more than once a day. I see that a number of people have reported issues with battery drain with this release and I'm one of them.

iPhone SE

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 4:37 PM

Hi ArbeeNYC,

We'd love to look into this with you and ensure your iPhone is getting long-lasting and reliable battery life. We've got a great resource to share with you that goes over helpful information to maximize your iPhone's battery performance:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

It's important to note that in the period immediately before, during, and after a software update, your device will be under increased activity, and it's not unusual to see a temporary increase in battery usage.

As you're noticing Siri using a large proportion of battery power, it may indicate that Siri Search & Suggestions are reindexing data after the update. Are all Siri features disabled under Settings > Siri & Search, including the features under Siri Suggestions?

Here's a great resource with more information about Siri Suggestions, Search & Privacy.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 4:37 PM in response to ArbeeNYC

Hi ArbeeNYC,

We'd love to look into this with you and ensure your iPhone is getting long-lasting and reliable battery life. We've got a great resource to share with you that goes over helpful information to maximize your iPhone's battery performance:

Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

It's important to note that in the period immediately before, during, and after a software update, your device will be under increased activity, and it's not unusual to see a temporary increase in battery usage.

As you're noticing Siri using a large proportion of battery power, it may indicate that Siri Search & Suggestions are reindexing data after the update. Are all Siri features disabled under Settings > Siri & Search, including the features under Siri Suggestions?

Here's a great resource with more information about Siri Suggestions, Search & Privacy.

Have a great day!

iOS 13.6 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.