Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashing file with question mark & MacBook Pro won’t turn on

My MacBook Pro won’t turn on or restart. I tried everything I didn’t backup my stuff. I need help on how to get back into my laptop. Can you help me.

it’s already flashing a file with a question mark. I need help on how to fix it. It won’t let me back up nothing. Or restore. It has important work files on it. Can someone help me ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 2:45 PM

it is looking for a system to boot from and cannot find it. Try to boot that computer externally from a compatible system. Hope that it will recognize the problem drive. If it does then save your data from it asap, therefore be prepared and have the proper externals to do the job. I definitely would not spend time rebooting the system often. Plan on once and get the job done.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 2:45 PM in response to aziaiyanei

it is looking for a system to boot from and cannot find it. Try to boot that computer externally from a compatible system. Hope that it will recognize the problem drive. If it does then save your data from it asap, therefore be prepared and have the proper externals to do the job. I definitely would not spend time rebooting the system often. Plan on once and get the job done.

Flashing file with question mark & MacBook Pro won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.