Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro is not turning on

My macbook pro is not turning on, it has a flashing folder in the middle with a question mark. I have tried cmd R ad nothing happened. i need help getting back into my laptop. Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 7:20 PM

If your Mac displays a question mark at startup - Apple Support

I understand attempting to start your Mac in Recovery mode didn't work, so be sure you're doing it right: press and hold ⌘ R (two fingers) while starting the Mac with a third finger to start up from macOS Recovery. Release those two fingers when you see the Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2020 7:20 PM in response to sejal28

If your Mac displays a question mark at startup - Apple Support

I understand attempting to start your Mac in Recovery mode didn't work, so be sure you're doing it right: press and hold ⌘ R (two fingers) while starting the Mac with a third finger to start up from macOS Recovery. Release those two fingers when you see the Apple logo, spinning globe, or other startup screen.

macbook pro is not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.