Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot open the macbook all the way

My Macbook when I open it appears with ? symbol. Then I applied the pressing the button Option + Command + P +R and it was appeared on. But then I tried to fix the utilities backup it didn't really work. I decided to turn off and restart again and follow the steps that made it on earlier but it didn't work. The question mark was appeared again. What else should I do to recover my macbook in order to set up again what it supposed to be? Is there any other options of opening it rather the step I used earlier, option + command + P + R? Appreciate very much your help, please.

Posted on Jul 26, 2021 11:16 AM

12 replies

Jul 27, 2021 10:06 PM in response to Tesserax

Model no. A1278

Assembled in China

Macbook 11-inch not sure about because I cannot get the glory whole information for my MacBook because it can only open to the stage after using these steps: Option + Command + P + R. When it’s open, I see the Mac OS X Utilities! What it displays here: Restore from time Machine backup, Reinstall Mac OS X, Get Help Online and Disk Utility

I tried to fixed the Disk Utility because seems nothing working. Tried to erase it but nothing appear to be erase! I cannot even restore files. So far, that is how far I can get to! What would be your expert on this? What need to do or need to fix, please!

Cannot open the macbook all the way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.