Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor issues for MBP 15 (2018) after update to Catalina 10.15.4

After updating my MBP 15 (2018) to Catalina OS 10.15.4, my external monitor connected via OWC dock (hdmi), starts up fine, but flickers and turns to blue within 5-10 seconds and remains that way! I tried resetting NVRAM, PRAM etc but nothing worked.

I don't see the issue when I load in safe mode and display seems to work fine , and also I don't see the issue when i use my work Mac book pro(same specs) which is on High Sierra. Hence it clearly seems to be some modification on the software side/drivers that's causing this. Any suggestions on a fix/ workaround to get it working would be of great help.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 5:40 AM

mshashank wrote:

After updating my MBP 15 (2018) to Catalina OS 10.15.4, my external monitor connected via OWC dock (hdmi), starts up fine, but flickers and turns to blue within 5-10 seconds and remains that way! I tried resetting NVRAM, PRAM etc but nothing worked.
I don't see the issue when I load in safe mode and display seems to work fine , and also I don't see the issue when i use my work Mac book pro(same specs) which is on High Sierra. Hence it clearly seems to be some modification on the software side/drivers that's causing this. Any suggestions on a fix/ workaround to get it working would be of great help.

Thank you!

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 5:40 AM in response to mshashank

mshashank wrote:

Thank you!

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

External monitor issues for MBP 15 (2018) after update to Catalina 10.15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.