Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Issues with Large Monitors - Using a Mac Pro 13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports, very buggy with Samsung 49 inch large monitor, sometimes have to reboot to get display to operate correctly, works just fine on Linux or Windows OS

I just upgraded from a Mac Book Pro 17 inch to a Mac Boot Pro 13 inch with 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports, previous Mac Book Big Sur, new Mac Book Big Sur. Display output to my existing Samsung 49 inch monitor extremely buggy since upgrade. Often, a reboot or disconnect/reconnect monitor will resolve the issue. Was flawless on previous Mac Book Pro. Monitor also flawless when attached to either a Fedora 8.x kernel on Intel or a Windows 10 OS on Intel. Sometimes System Properties->Display gets real goofy with this monitor and the only fix is to reboot the OS. I am a developer. I personally doubt the issue is the monitor since it works fine on other platforms as well as a previous Intel silicon MAC Book Pro. Multiple OS updates have not resolved this issue. Connection is via HDMI to a dock, which is connected to the MAC via Thunderbolt 3.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 6:03 PM

Check with Samsung for any available firmware updates.

Similar questions

1 reply

Big Sur Issues with Large Monitors - Using a Mac Pro 13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports, very buggy with Samsung 49 inch large monitor, sometimes have to reboot to get display to operate correctly, works just fine on Linux or Windows OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.