Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Monitor Issues after installing Big Sur

I have an external AOC monitor connected to my 2015 MacBook Pro via USB 3.0. Ever since I installed Big Sur, the monitor no longer functions. It attempts to boot up for 1 sec at start up then goes black. I've seen multiple instances of others having the same issue. When will this be fixed? I have to use dual monitors for my job and I didn't backup prior to the update so I'm worried about using time machine to go back to my pre-Big Sur system until this is fixed.

MacBook

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2021 10:46 AM

Thanks for the tips. My monitor is already using the latest drivers so that wasn't the issue. I was just ordering a USB to HDMI adapter to try that suggestion, and then found a fix that worked - Settings>Security&Privacy>Screen Recording - check box for DisplayLink Manager to have access and voila, the second monitor came alive!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2021 10:46 AM in response to neuroanatomist

Thanks for the tips. My monitor is already using the latest drivers so that wasn't the issue. I was just ordering a USB to HDMI adapter to try that suggestion, and then found a fix that worked - Settings>Security&Privacy>Screen Recording - check box for DisplayLink Manager to have access and voila, the second monitor came alive!

External Monitor Issues after installing Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.