Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage

Question?

iPhone 11

my phone is water damaged even it is water proof why?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2020 8:54 PM

You seen to have already solved your issue, so I guess you deduced that the iPhone 11 is not, and Apple has never claimed it is, waterproof. It is water resistant but apparently what happened to get yours wet exceeded the water resistance rating. And the Apple standard warranty does not cover water damage.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2020 8:54 PM in response to Salmankamal

You seen to have already solved your issue, so I guess you deduced that the iPhone 11 is not, and Apple has never claimed it is, waterproof. It is water resistant but apparently what happened to get yours wet exceeded the water resistance rating. And the Apple standard warranty does not cover water damage.

May 15, 2020 9:09 PM in response to Matthew Jason

No, it isn't on a case-by-case basis. Have you read your iPhone warranty? Water damage is not covered. If you have purchased AppleCare + then they can use this as one of their two incidents of accidental damage. Otherwise they will need to pay for an out-of-warranty replacement. Period. It isn't being dismissive it is stating the facts. But they will have to go though Apple Support anyway to do the out-of-warranty replacement unless and Apple Store or AASP opens near them.

Water damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.