Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No GPS track

I've used my Apple Watch since 2017, I've had sometimes troubles with the GPS recording.

But now I've had it two times in one Month and that's pretty annoying.

Details about my watch:

Model: Apple Watch Series 2

Version: watchOS 6.1.3

One day I was running and everything is alright, but on the other day, I start the outdoor running session in the training app, as always, but after the run. There is no map, just one spot, or one pin right in front of my house. Where I started obvious. During the run, I can monitor the speed, my distance I've ran, all business as usual.

But back home as I said no tracked route.

I don't want to restart the watch before every run. This helped in the past.

Best regards

Apple Watch Sport

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 5:23 AM

Check these settings first;

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 5:23 AM in response to romanfrombäretswil

Check these settings first;

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

No GPS track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.