Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine restore from Time Capsule fails after half.

I am trying to restore my hole system from my Time Machine backup lying on a Time Capsule.

After approximately half (5-6 hours) i get a message that says "The hard drive with the backup was disconnected while the backup was being restored. Use a reliable network connection while you restore." (translated from swedish).

The connection is good so I don't think thats the problem. I seems more like its some files that won't copy. To large files? Corrupted files?

The full backup is approximately 1,2-1,5 TB.

I have tried via wifi and via ethernet. It stops about after the same amount af data. Approximately after 50%.

I have tried to restore the full backup and I have tried to reinstall the system and then move the files, apps, data etc with the Migration Assistent. It still stops in the middle somewhere.

I have tried to move files to a disk attached directly to my mac and most files work fine and some files won't copy.

Once i got the error code - 8062 while trying to copy files from the backup to the other disk.

I have formated the startup drive several times.

High Sierra. MacBook Pro 13 2018. Time Capsule 3TB

Pleas help!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 2:03 PM

Can you Repair the TC?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202174

Can also be caused by Locked files or folders...

MAC Error 8062 can be fixed by unlocking through files and folders which are locked. Before you attempt to remove or transfer those files/folders, you need to unlock those folders/files.

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 28, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Sored

Let’s see if there’s a locked file interfering.

Open Terminal & paste this command in & prefs enter, it’ll ask for an admin password & not echo what you type, wait for it to finish which will be an empty prompt unless it prints out some locked files, or Operation not permitted…

cd /;sudo find . -type f -flags +uchg

Apr 30, 2020 11:10 PM in response to BDAqua

Is there a way to tell Terminal to just search one of the backups (the latest).

Since there are 30-40 backups from diferent times it find the same locked files in all and its still searching. And its jumping between the backups when its searching.

There are a list of JPG:s in dropbox and some camera settings for a Sony camera listen so long.

it would be grate to just search one backup to the end.

Time Machine restore from Time Capsule fails after half.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.