Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Updates don't work

I have been unable to update several applications on my iPhone. Each time I attempt to do so I get the following message:

"(AppName) cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID."

How do I fix this?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 10:53 AM

If you originally purchased/downloaded an app using another Apple ID, then it cannot be updated with your current Apple ID. You need to delete it and repurchase/redownload it with your current Apple ID. Purchases are tied to the Apple ID used at the time of purchase/download. They cannot be transferred to another Apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 10:53 AM in response to Helpmewithappupdates

If you originally purchased/downloaded an app using another Apple ID, then it cannot be updated with your current Apple ID. You need to delete it and repurchase/redownload it with your current Apple ID. Purchases are tied to the Apple ID used at the time of purchase/download. They cannot be transferred to another Apple ID.

App Updates don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.