Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on Mac Catalina

Where is photo stream on new Mac?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:59 AM

My Photo Stream is not shown in Photos 5.0 on Catalina, if iCloud Photos is enabled. Then it is not possible to enable My Photo Stream as well. The My Photo Stream photos will be included in the All Photos album and not shown in a separate My Photo Stream album.

If you are using a new, recently created AppleID, you cannot enable My Photo Stream at all. It is only available for users with an older AppleID. The Photos user Guide for Catalina does not mention My Photo Stream any longer. Use iCloud Photos to store photos in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2020 11:59 AM in response to ccsteu

My Photo Stream is not shown in Photos 5.0 on Catalina, if iCloud Photos is enabled. Then it is not possible to enable My Photo Stream as well. The My Photo Stream photos will be included in the All Photos album and not shown in a separate My Photo Stream album.

If you are using a new, recently created AppleID, you cannot enable My Photo Stream at all. It is only available for users with an older AppleID. The Photos user Guide for Catalina does not mention My Photo Stream any longer. Use iCloud Photos to store photos in iCloud - Apple Support

Photos on Mac Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.