Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Map not showing in Workouts

I have a Series 3 watch and Watch OS v.6. From forever until March 4, the workout summary in the Activities app on my phone included a map of the workout. Since that time, none of the workouts (typically running or bicycling) include the map. I didn't notice for several weeks so I am not sure what happened on 3/4 to trigger the change, but have been trying everything to get it back, including restarting the watch and phone, turning location services off and on, etc. (but not resetting to factory settings). In the watch app on the phone, "heart rate" and "fitness tracking" are turned on. In the settings section of the phone, location services is turned on and, under "Motion and Fitness," "health" and "fitness tracking" are turned on.

The one funny thing I notice is I see the following in an Apple Support document: "You can turn on route tracking when you set up your Apple Watch, or at any time later: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App." The funny thing is I have no "Apple Watch Workout" shown under "Location Services". Lots of other apps, but not that one. Not sure if I did before or not.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 12:45 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 27, 2020 4:01 PM in response to Tom964

Unpair and re-pair the watch and selelect setup as new,you will be asked if you want to enable route tracking answer yes and you will be able to select while using the app in location settings on the phone in Settings/Privacy/Location Services/Apple Watch Workout.

Map not showing in Workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.