Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workouts not showing routes on Fitness app.

Just noticed that my routes are not showing up on my iPhone. Upon further investigations, I noticed that before Friday, September 18, there are no maps showing in the Fitness app for my walks and bike rides. From September 18 on, the map shows the origin of the workout but does not track it. Maps were showing up earlier this Summer so I assume that all this happened in updating to iOS 14.

I checked all the suggestions found in other posts:

To see the map, you must turn on route tracking. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2020 5:11 PM

Hello James,

It sounds as though your Apple Watch is successfully mapping your workout, but it's not appearing in the Fitness app on your companion iPhone. If you're only having this issue, and not having the following issues we recommend reaching out to an available Apple Support channel through the Get Support website.

If you're experiencing issues with the Activity application, Heart Rate app, or other health-related apps failing to launch or load data on the Apple Watch, Health app doesn't launch on companion iPhone, Health is using a large percentage of storage in Settings > General > iPhone Storage, or you see the Activity using a large percentage of storage in Settings > General > Usage on your Apple Watch, or you see an increase in battery usage for the Health app on the companion iPhone shown in Settings > Battery please let us know if you updated to iOS 14 and watchOS 7 from iOS 13 and iOS 6, or if you updated directly to iOS 14.0.1 and watchOS 7.0.1.

If you're running iOS 14.0.1 and watchOS 7.0.1 let's continue by unpairing the Apple Watch using the following steps.

• Open the Watch application on the iPhone.
  • Tap the My Watch tab, followed by All Watches
  • Next to your watch tap the "i", followed by Unpair.

This will automatically back up your Apple Watch. Once unpaired please go in to Settings [your name] > iCloud and confirm Health is enabled to sync to iCloud. Once enabled, or if already enabled return to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud backup, then tap backup now. Once the backup completes confirm that it shows as being completed. You can also use the following article to verify the backup has been completed.

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once backed up please go in to Settings > General > Reset > and tap Erase all Content and Settings. After the erase completes, set up your iPhone, and restore to the backup. Once the iPhone has been restored to the backup pair your Apple Watch, and restore to the Apple Watch backup.

If you continue to have issues after those steps please refer to the Get Support website, and reach out to an available support channel.

Have a great week!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2020 5:11 PM in response to James Mol

Hello James,

It sounds as though your Apple Watch is successfully mapping your workout, but it's not appearing in the Fitness app on your companion iPhone. If you're only having this issue, and not having the following issues we recommend reaching out to an available Apple Support channel through the Get Support website.

If you're experiencing issues with the Activity application, Heart Rate app, or other health-related apps failing to launch or load data on the Apple Watch, Health app doesn't launch on companion iPhone, Health is using a large percentage of storage in Settings > General > iPhone Storage, or you see the Activity using a large percentage of storage in Settings > General > Usage on your Apple Watch, or you see an increase in battery usage for the Health app on the companion iPhone shown in Settings > Battery please let us know if you updated to iOS 14 and watchOS 7 from iOS 13 and iOS 6, or if you updated directly to iOS 14.0.1 and watchOS 7.0.1.

If you're running iOS 14.0.1 and watchOS 7.0.1 let's continue by unpairing the Apple Watch using the following steps.

• Open the Watch application on the iPhone.
  • Tap the My Watch tab, followed by All Watches
  • Next to your watch tap the "i", followed by Unpair.

This will automatically back up your Apple Watch. Once unpaired please go in to Settings [your name] > iCloud and confirm Health is enabled to sync to iCloud. Once enabled, or if already enabled return to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud backup, then tap backup now. Once the backup completes confirm that it shows as being completed. You can also use the following article to verify the backup has been completed.

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Once backed up please go in to Settings > General > Reset > and tap Erase all Content and Settings. After the erase completes, set up your iPhone, and restore to the backup. Once the iPhone has been restored to the backup pair your Apple Watch, and restore to the Apple Watch backup.

If you continue to have issues after those steps please refer to the Get Support website, and reach out to an available support channel.

Have a great week!

Workouts not showing routes on Fitness app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.