Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Parental Controls on MacBook Pro 2016 using Mojave 10.14.6- Stuck, can't remove account and can't do what I want

I changed the admin account of mine to enable parental controls as my kids are now using this computer but I haven't given it to them. I have followed all of the instructions to limit the website I want but it still isn't working. I have restarted and then logged in and then can still get to it. I have now decided I want to revert back BUT this is not the Admin account. What can I do? I want to go back to the other user on my computer but it is a standard account and since I signed this new one up for parental control it won't let me given any access to change the other to an admin so I can't delete this new one that isn't doing what I want. Feel stuck now. Please help. Any advice?

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 9:18 AM

An Admin account can never be set to enable parental controls. Exception you have multiple Admin accounts.

If you enable parental controls for another Admin user account, the account cannot be used to administer the computer. Hence the account will be a standard account.

Now to set it back you need to login back into Admin account.

First uncheck the "Enable parental controls" for the desired account from the list then you should be able to check "Allow user to administer this computer".

Please go through below link for guide how to set up parental controls on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr004/10.14/mac/10.14.6

Hope this helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 9:18 AM in response to Amrempel9790

An Admin account can never be set to enable parental controls. Exception you have multiple Admin accounts.

If you enable parental controls for another Admin user account, the account cannot be used to administer the computer. Hence the account will be a standard account.

Now to set it back you need to login back into Admin account.

First uncheck the "Enable parental controls" for the desired account from the list then you should be able to check "Allow user to administer this computer".

Please go through below link for guide how to set up parental controls on Mac

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr004/10.14/mac/10.14.6

Hope this helps.

Parental Controls on MacBook Pro 2016 using Mojave 10.14.6- Stuck, can't remove account and can't do what I want

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.