Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parental control in system preferences

hi! hoping someone can help me. i just got a new MacBook and the parental control icon in system preferences is not there. is this a feature that just isn't part of the latest versions? this has Monterey version 12.1. i was using it to allow my kids to have separate accounts on the computer and control what they have access to and when. any suggestions? is there a way to get it back on?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2022 11:46 AM

Also see: Use Screen Time on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

8 replies

Jan 14, 2022 12:02 PM in response to shmulyr

When you make your kids user accounts, ensure you set them to Standard instead of admin accounts, otherwise if they know an admin password they can start potentially making things go awry if they try to download things like frEe robUx 2022 and other potential malware + they won’t be able to change a lot of settings in System Preferences, or install software from the web.

Mar 10, 2022 10:45 PM in response to shmulyr

I don't have an answer, I have the same/similar issue. I'm trying to set up a guest user that has limited access to apps, programs and files. In the past MACs, it was in the System Preferences, Users & Groups. There was a parental Control that once could select apps and programs that the guest user could only have access to. Just can't work it out with the new MacBook with OS12.2.1.

Anyone?

parental control in system preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.