Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Summary Page Pops Up, Upon Opening of Websites Using Safari

I am using Safari 13.1 & Catalina 10.15.4

Recently, without me changing any settings, when I open a website, a page pops up (not a pop up ad), which contains the highlight of the information on that website. For example, when I go to www.sparkletts.com I see this, which almost seems like a summary of the entire website.

The only way for me to see the entire website, is to click on this page. Once I do that, the website shows up in its entirety (see picture below):

Like I mentioned, I haven't changed any settings on safari. This just started happening on its own.

Does anyone know why and how I can change this back to its original state, so when I go to a website, the summary page doesn't pop up?

Thanks!

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 6:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 9:49 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dmdnze!

I understand you're seeing a sort of summary on sites you visit. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

While in Safari go to the top-left and click Safari > Preferences > Websites and check the Reader tab. Here, check to see which sites show the on option and remove them. Also, check towards the bottom to make sure "When visiting other websites" is off.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 9:49 AM in response to dmdnze

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, dmdnze!

I understand you're seeing a sort of summary on sites you visit. I'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

While in Safari go to the top-left and click Safari > Preferences > Websites and check the Reader tab. Here, check to see which sites show the on option and remove them. Also, check towards the bottom to make sure "When visiting other websites" is off.

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Summary Page Pops Up, Upon Opening of Websites Using Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.