Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo information: iPhone to WhatsApp to Dropbox on MBP13"

Hi. I take photos with an iPhone and send them to WhatsApp on my MBP. I drag the photos from WA to Dropbox.

The work phone photos show up in Dropbox as (example) 2e34b962-1d88-40f8-87f2-a67cef344f55.jpg This is what I want.

The home phone photos show up in Dropbox as (example) Unknown-11.jpeg

On the laptop, there is a check box Photos/Preferences/General/Metadata: include location information for published items.

Will checking this box give the desired information?

Or, is is somewhere in the iPhone settings?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13" Catalina and iPhone XS 256 (home) and iPhone 6s 64 (work). All have latest software.

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 8:56 AM

Robert Davis wrote:

Hi. I take photos with an iPhone and send them to WhatsApp on my MBP. I drag the photos from WA to Dropbox.

The work phone photos show up in Dropbox as (example) 2e34b962-1d88-40f8-87f2-a67cef344f55.jpg This is what I want.

On the laptop, there is a check box Photos/Preferences/General/Metadata: include location information for published items.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13" Catalina and iPhone XS 256 (home) and iPhone 6s 64 (work). All have latest software.

Meta data is not going to change how the app presents itself or the naming convention that it uses to present images.

Add titles, descriptions, and more to photos using Photos on Mac

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 8:56 AM in response to Robert Davis

Robert Davis wrote:

Thanks

Meta data is not going to change how the app presents itself or the naming convention that it uses to present images.

Add titles, descriptions, and more to photos using Photos on Mac

photo information: iPhone to WhatsApp to Dropbox on MBP13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.