Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on iPad

Hello!

So when i got my new iPad 7 it uploaded all of the data backed up from my current iPhone. This included all of my apple music which is a very large amount and I only have a 32GB iPad. So my iPad storage was full with 17GB of the music that i have downloaded. I tried to delete through music in the settings and it would just freeze and not delete it. And i tried through the app and the music would do the same thing. I then deleted the actual app and it actually deleted. But the thing is that my iPad is still showing that i have 17GB of music and my storage is full :( i restarted my iPad and it didn’t help.

please offer any helpful suggestions and comments, thank you!

(i have the newest iPad 7 but it wasn’t on the list so i just selected 6th gen)

iPad (6th gen) WiFi

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 8:24 AM

When you 'deleted' the music app, it is only offloading the app, not the data. To get the app back, search for it on the App Store.

You can try resetting the device settings - Settings-General-Reset-Reset All Settings

And are you using Apple Music? If so, you can turn on Cloud Music Library on your iPhone under Settings-Music-Cloud Music Library so all your music goes to the cloud (you may need to buy iCloud Storage). But this way, the music stays in the cloud and not on your device, so you'll have more free space:)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 8:24 AM in response to Micah_C

When you 'deleted' the music app, it is only offloading the app, not the data. To get the app back, search for it on the App Store.

You can try resetting the device settings - Settings-General-Reset-Reset All Settings

And are you using Apple Music? If so, you can turn on Cloud Music Library on your iPhone under Settings-Music-Cloud Music Library so all your music goes to the cloud (you may need to buy iCloud Storage). But this way, the music stays in the cloud and not on your device, so you'll have more free space:)

Apple Music on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.