Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music keeps deleting

I tried the optimize storage thing and it did not work. I download the music then after a while it deletes again. It does not matter if I just listened to the song. I don’t know if this happens when my iPad dies but it’s a big problem. And it’s not like one or two songs it’s pretty much my whole library. Please help.

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 3:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 11:50 AM

Hi alaina120,

Thanks for reaching out! We rely on our Music library as well, and understand you're running into some problems with downloaded songs being removed from your iPad. The good news is that we can help out.

When your iPad starts running low on storage, it may automatically remove downloaded content to increase available storage space. This helps prevent the iPad from running out of storage and shutting down or restarting unexpectedly. We have more information available about that here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

When you get a chance, can you let us know how much storage space is available on the iPad? You can find this in Settings > General > About on the iPad itself. This information will help us better determine the next steps.

All the best.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 11:50 AM in response to alaina120

Hi alaina120,

Thanks for reaching out! We rely on our Music library as well, and understand you're running into some problems with downloaded songs being removed from your iPad. The good news is that we can help out.

When your iPad starts running low on storage, it may automatically remove downloaded content to increase available storage space. This helps prevent the iPad from running out of storage and shutting down or restarting unexpectedly. We have more information available about that here: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

When you get a chance, can you let us know how much storage space is available on the iPad? You can find this in Settings > General > About on the iPad itself. This information will help us better determine the next steps.

All the best.

Music keeps deleting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.