Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Settings notifications

Hi, I have just got a new iPhone 11 and have set it up directly from my old phone. The settings app now has a 2 in the right hand corner saying I have notifications but when I open the app there is nothing in there. Please can someone help?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:21 AM

There are 2 possible places where the notifications are coming from.

1. If you go into settings, you should see your name at the top. Right under your name, it may say a message like "back up your iPhone" or "finish setting up your iPhone." Each one of these messages usually counts as a notification. To get them to go away, simply click on one and follow the instructions. You can also dismiss them.
  2. In settings, general, and software update, there may be a pending update. It will act as a notification if there is one.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 7:21 AM in response to Cbasra

There are 2 possible places where the notifications are coming from.

1. If you go into settings, you should see your name at the top. Right under your name, it may say a message like "back up your iPhone" or "finish setting up your iPhone." Each one of these messages usually counts as a notification. To get them to go away, simply click on one and follow the instructions. You can also dismiss them.
  2. In settings, general, and software update, there may be a pending update. It will act as a notification if there is one.

Settings notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.