Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lower audio From iPad Pro on skype, zoom, Messenger

Hi

i have recently bought iPad Pro 2020 12.9 model WiFi. I have installed Skype and zoom . Overall the volume is good when listening to Spotify or YouTube but When I called my parents from Skype I found that audio is too low tO hear Correctly and volume button has no effect on audio. I repeated the process on zoom thinking it may be a problem with Skype app but there also very low audio to hear and no effect of volume change on audio levels.

when I connect the Bluetooth headphones then it’s no problem.

have I got a defected product from Apple. Please tell me so I can return them as soon as possible.

thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 3:16 PM

what shall i do. as i have said above the volume control have no effect on audio intensity during skype or zoom video chats meanning it stays the same no matter the volume is at full or zero.

So is it a common problem?

or i have got a faulty unit?

I have talked to apple support they say they will send it to reparation but i dont want a repaird ipad just after 3 days of buying at full price.

What to do?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 3:16 PM in response to QuickPost

what shall i do. as i have said above the volume control have no effect on audio intensity during skype or zoom video chats meanning it stays the same no matter the volume is at full or zero.

So is it a common problem?

or i have got a faulty unit?

I have talked to apple support they say they will send it to reparation but i dont want a repaird ipad just after 3 days of buying at full price.

What to do?

May 18, 2020 9:46 AM in response to zohaibmussadiq

I have the same issue on a new 11” iPad pro. Skype ‘web’ app doesn’t have an option to change the mic setting. Skype support says it is using iPad mic at level 10. I bought mine to use for music lessons after seeing YouTube videos of students using only an iPad. I am charging air pods to use for first lesson tonight. I hope it works.

Lower audio From iPad Pro on skype, zoom, Messenger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.