Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My HomePod keeps asking me for Apple ID password

Just don’t suggest me to restart, or sign out and sign in again!

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 2:00 PM

• You can first try the simplest task of just unplugging it and plug right back in - this can ofte resolve minor issues without needing to do a full reset.

• Make sure your HomePod is on the same wifi network as the device used for set up and that you didn’t have airplane mode on in the device.
  • Troubleshoot your network - you can reboot the wifi router and reset network settings on your device as well

• check you’re signed into it within the Home App - in the Home Tab, long press on the HomePod to bring up settings, click on the gear icon and under music & Podcasts ensure it has your Apple ID signed in

• on the device you used to set it up - go into settings - tap on your Apple ID (at the top) - iCloud- scroll down to Home and toggle the switch off then back on and in this same area make sure keychain is turned on.

• Make sure your software is updated on the homepod and the device you used to set it up with

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 2:00 PM in response to sirfabio

• You can first try the simplest task of just unplugging it and plug right back in - this can ofte resolve minor issues without needing to do a full reset.

• Make sure your HomePod is on the same wifi network as the device used for set up and that you didn’t have airplane mode on in the device.
  • Troubleshoot your network - you can reboot the wifi router and reset network settings on your device as well

• check you’re signed into it within the Home App - in the Home Tab, long press on the HomePod to bring up settings, click on the gear icon and under music & Podcasts ensure it has your Apple ID signed in

• on the device you used to set it up - go into settings - tap on your Apple ID (at the top) - iCloud- scroll down to Home and toggle the switch off then back on and in this same area make sure keychain is turned on.

• Make sure your software is updated on the homepod and the device you used to set it up with

My HomePod keeps asking me for Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.