Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update your iCloud account password every time HomePod mini power cycles?

My HomePod mini is on a timer switch to turn it off over night and when I'm not home. Every time I ask Siri to perform a Home operation, it says there is an account issue and to fix it in the home app. The password appears to stay in until the next time the power goes off.

I don't have this issue with my bedroom HomePod mini.

Is this normal behaviour? Can anyone recommend a solution?

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2022 11:58 PM

Hi Kojiro,

That is odd as the authentication is handled by your iPhone’s Home.

I’d suggest this to hopefully resolve the issue:

-is your iPhone updated with the latest 15.4.1?

-is your HomePod updated to the latest 15.4.1?

-if both are updated, try restarting your iPhone.

-If you go into your iPhone Settings>your name, at the bottom it shows the ‘sign out’ option (which means you’re signed in)? Signing out then signing back in may be worth a try (be certain you have the correct password, see the **two factor authentication bullet point below).

-On that same page, if you press ICloud, you have Home enabled for iCloud?

-In the same iCloud menu, do you have keychain enabled (I’m not certain you need this, I’m relaying my own settings for my HomePods).

**If you login to your Apple account and go to security, you have two factor authentication on? https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage/section/security

If none of this helps, I’d suggest a reset->a fresh install of the HomePod. Reset HomePod - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2022 11:58 PM in response to kojiro__

Hi Kojiro,

That is odd as the authentication is handled by your iPhone’s Home.

I’d suggest this to hopefully resolve the issue:

-is your iPhone updated with the latest 15.4.1?

-is your HomePod updated to the latest 15.4.1?

-if both are updated, try restarting your iPhone.

-If you go into your iPhone Settings>your name, at the bottom it shows the ‘sign out’ option (which means you’re signed in)? Signing out then signing back in may be worth a try (be certain you have the correct password, see the **two factor authentication bullet point below).

-On that same page, if you press ICloud, you have Home enabled for iCloud?

-In the same iCloud menu, do you have keychain enabled (I’m not certain you need this, I’m relaying my own settings for my HomePods).

**If you login to your Apple account and go to security, you have two factor authentication on? https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage/section/security

If none of this helps, I’d suggest a reset->a fresh install of the HomePod. Reset HomePod - Apple Support

Update your iCloud account password every time HomePod mini power cycles?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.