Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro charging issue

My New MacBook Pro gets EXTREMELY hot when charging. I've only charged it once to 100%. I'm afraid to leave it while it's charging. I just plugged it in and not even 5 minutes it got too hot for my comfort zone. Is this normal? This can NOT be good for a computer.

PLEASE HELP!!!

When are the Apple Stores going to open?!?!?!?

Thank you.

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 12:22 PM

You don't need to go to an Apple Store. Contact Apple Support. They will go through troubleshooting with you over the phone first. If no solution then they will have you send the Mac to them for inspection free of charge. If you're under warranty of if the problem is a warranty issue they will take care of it. Contact - Official Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › contact

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 12:22 PM in response to Brooksmacpro

You don't need to go to an Apple Store. Contact Apple Support. They will go through troubleshooting with you over the phone first. If no solution then they will have you send the Mac to them for inspection free of charge. If you're under warranty of if the problem is a warranty issue they will take care of it. Contact - Official Apple Supportsupport.apple.com › contact

New MacBook Pro charging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.