Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview Hidden in iMessage on Mac (only for one contact)

I have noticed that one contact in particular can txt me and I get notifications on all devices except my MacAir for some reason. They are not a restricted or blocked contact. nor message history in txt window. However, if I look at info, the pictures shared via txt are there. Any suggestions????

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 5:55 PM

Hello tavares4013,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get notification for a specific contact on your MacBook Air, but you don't have this issue on your other devices. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

Disk Utility for Mac: Repair a disk using Disk Utility

Next, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 5:55 PM in response to tavares4013

Hello tavares4013,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to get notification for a specific contact on your MacBook Air, but you don't have this issue on your other devices. First, try running First Aid on your hard drive with the built in Disk Utility tool, as this can correct simple issues like you're experiencing.

Disk Utility for Mac: Repair a disk using Disk Utility

Next, use safe mode to start up your Mac as it does the following things:

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
  • Loads only required kernel extensions
  • Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
  • Disables user-installed fonts
  • Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Log in to your user account and test the issue while in safe mode and then restart normally and test the issue again.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Graphics performance limited in macOS Recovery, safe mode, or Guest User mode

Cheers!

Preview Hidden in iMessage on Mac (only for one contact)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.