Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Struggling with iTunes

Good evening/mornig/what time it be

I'm trying to sync my music from my PC to my iPhone (SE 2016) but the music tab on the iTunes app under the iPhone remains full even though I deleted all my old music from the device. When I then double click on a song it shows a little '!' next to the title. Anyway to clear this faulty library?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 8:17 PM

I'm not sure if "the device" you mention is your iPhone or your PC.

To delete the whole library from your PC, open iTunes, select "Songs" under library, and select the first song (top) and then the last song (bottom) with the Shift key and left click. That should highlight all songs in the library.

Right click on any song, while they are all highlighted blue, and select "delete from library".

If you sync your iPhone now, you will delete all the songs on your phone.

Rebuild the library by choosing the songs/folders on your HDD and then sync again to copy them to your iPhone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 8:17 PM in response to a3an0186

I'm not sure if "the device" you mention is your iPhone or your PC.

To delete the whole library from your PC, open iTunes, select "Songs" under library, and select the first song (top) and then the last song (bottom) with the Shift key and left click. That should highlight all songs in the library.

Right click on any song, while they are all highlighted blue, and select "delete from library".

If you sync your iPhone now, you will delete all the songs on your phone.

Rebuild the library by choosing the songs/folders on your HDD and then sync again to copy them to your iPhone.

Struggling with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.