Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

I have a iPad Pro 11” which has a USB C connection not lighting. Is there an adapter that I can purchase to connect the Lighting to USB 3 camera adapter to my iPad Pro 11”? With this adapter, if I understand correctly, one port is to connect to lightning devices, one port is to connect to USB devices, and the last port is to connect to a USB C power adapter.

I want to connect a Kingston flash drive to my iPad Pro to access pictures on the flash drive. And download them to my IPad. Sine the only free port not being used for the USB device or power adapter) is a lighting connection I’m not able to isn’t compatible with GM.

Thanks in advance.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:58 AM

As the USB-C and Lightning are two different interfaces, that are neither electrically or protocol compatible, you would require an “interface convertor” - not an adapter.

If such a thing existed to allow interconnection of Lightning to USB-C (to my knowledge, nobody has commercially produced one), it would be prohibitively expensive.

So no, you’ll need to purchase the appropriate product for your iPad(s).

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 3:58 AM in response to Ya78!

As the USB-C and Lightning are two different interfaces, that are neither electrically or protocol compatible, you would require an “interface convertor” - not an adapter.

If such a thing existed to allow interconnection of Lightning to USB-C (to my knowledge, nobody has commercially produced one), it would be prohibitively expensive.

So no, you’ll need to purchase the appropriate product for your iPad(s).

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

Apr 29, 2020 3:50 AM in response to Ya78!

I sort of get what your thinking but think about this. Your looking for an adapter for an adapter... Why not just have 1 adapter? Theres plenty of USB C to USB adapters that you can find on apples store and online so I would have a look to see what you can find. I get that you want to use that lightning adapter for something so i would keep it if you ever need it for your iPhone (if you have one)

Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.