You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Dropbox

I can't delete the dropbox from my MAC computer! I've tired everything and it wont go to the trash because it says it's still open. How can I delete Dropbox and take it to the trash?

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 10:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:26 AM

have you quit dropbox?

when you click on the dropbox icon in the titlebar clicked on the v most right in the dialog and clicked Quit Dropbox

if you have have you attempted to open Activity Monitor and terminated

Dropbox and DropBox Finder Extension ?

4 replies

Jun 1, 2020 11:32 AM in response to Obib15

I was able to stop the "extension being used" by going to Applications> Utilities> Activity Monitor> click on DROPBOX in the list then hit the "X" top left. I had to force quit it, I was the FINALLY able to TRASH the app from Applications folder.

Also, if you first go to "GO" at top of mac window. GO> Find Folder> type in ~/.dropbox (squiggly line + backslash + dot + dropbox) then drag to trash. Once again goto GO> Find Folder> type in /library (backslash + Library) and delete Dropox there as well.

Delete Dropbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.