Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone storage

Hi! So I have 2 iphones that I’m using. The ip7 has 7k photos and 200+ videos while the ip11 has 3k photos and 100+ videos. Initially I thought the ip7 would be taking up more space in its storage since it has higher numbers than my ip11, but that wasn’t the case. The iphone storage for my ip7 said that its photos is only 1.57gb while for my ip11 it was 13.26gb. Please help me, I’m really confused and I wanna fix if there’s something wrong with my phone. Thank u!

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 12:28 AM

If your iPhone 7 has optimised storage enabled then it may have lower space. Know about it. With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

Store your photos and videos in iCloud

Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With iCloud Photos, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 12:28 AM in response to kathryna17

If your iPhone 7 has optimised storage enabled then it may have lower space. Know about it. With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

Store your photos and videos in iCloud

Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. With iCloud Photos, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go.

Get started with iCloud Photos:

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos.
  2. Turn on iCloud Photos.
  3. Select Optimize iPhone Storage to save space on your device.

With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.

Iphone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.