Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2020 brightness keeps going down

My wife has a new iPhone SE 2020 and we have turned off both auto brightness and night shift mode and the true tone display options.

She has the brightness set to 100% but each morning when she removes it from the wireless charger or a few times throughout the day the phone will go down to like 80% brightness.

I don't see any setting or reason for this to happen can anyone please provide help.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 10:15 AM

Hello Joe Dawson,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the brightness is intermittently decreasing on your wife's new iPhone SE. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure that the iPhone has the latest software.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, restart the iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone.

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 10:15 AM in response to Joe Dawson

Hello Joe Dawson,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the brightness is intermittently decreasing on your wife's new iPhone SE. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure that the iPhone has the latest software.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, restart the iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.

Restart your iPhone.

Let us know the results. Please include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

iPhone SE 2020 brightness keeps going down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.