Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flickering Horizontal Lines on MacBook Pro 13" 2017 (Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Hi all,

My MacBook Pro has been performing flawlessly for me for the past few years however I woke up this morning and saw this... (images below)

There are lots of small flickering pink and cyan lines appearing all over the screen. The right hand side of the panel also appears to be playing up (see image of the device booting up). It's never been dropped, thrown around or had any ridiculous amounts of weight on the lid.

I have been testing with it today and sometimes you can power it on and the lines do not appear for 5 minutes or so, however they then fill the screen.

I have tried booting in Safe Mode as well as resetting the NVRAM however neither of these have resolved my issue.

I have tried connecting the MacBook to an external monitor and same story, the external monitor is fine but the internal display is filled with flickering lines.

Is this something that has happened to others? If so does anyone have an idea of what's causing the problem and how I can resolve it?

Cheers,

Zac

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 6:00 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 29, 2020 7:53 PM in response to zacedmo

zacedmo wrote:

It's never been dropped, thrown around or had any ridiculous amounts of weight on the lid.

FYI, you shouldn't have anything sitting on the laptop. The Retina displays are very thin so any weight on them could possibly damage them.

I have tried connecting the MacBook to an external monitor and same story, the external monitor is fine but the internal display is filled with flickering lines.

The built-in display is bad and needs replaced since you don't see the problem on the external display.

Flickering Horizontal Lines on MacBook Pro 13" 2017 (Two Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.