Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Video Player issue

Hi, i cannot control buttons on video player in safari. Buttons are not responding and in a few seconds all buttons are disappearing. When i click on video they are not appearing. They are appearing when i slide upside downside the web page but even they appear any button is not responding. I can’t mute, I cannot use full screen mode, also forward reward function. Please tell me what’s wrong with safari? Additionally, videos are working properly.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2020 1:11 PM

Hi, MoonJ. Thank you for your help and advice but I have already solves the issue. It was so simple but it took my 2 weeks. Just i have to turned on “Pointer Events” function in Experimental Features inside Safari Settings. I experimentally found the solution:) Thanks everybody for support.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2020 1:11 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi, MoonJ. Thank you for your help and advice but I have already solves the issue. It was so simple but it took my 2 weeks. Just i have to turned on “Pointer Events” function in Experimental Features inside Safari Settings. I experimentally found the solution:) Thanks everybody for support.

Apr 30, 2020 1:04 PM in response to obildiren

Greetings, obildiren.

I see that you're unable to use the control buttons when playing a video in Safari. You can't go to full screen, or use the regular video controls, and I'm glad to help with this.

If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing -- This article provides information and steps to use when Safari is missing items on a webpage.

Take care.

May 2, 2020 5:17 AM in response to obildiren

Thanks for getting back to us, obildiren. It's appreciated. I'll be happy to provide steps for your iOS device.

Restart your iPhone -- First, restart your iPhone and see if the issue is fixed once you're back to the Home screen. If you're not using an iPhone, the steps for restarting an iPad or iPod touch are available near the top if you need.

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- If restarting your iPhone didn't resolve the issueTry clearing the website data for that site alone by going to Settings > Safari > Advanced. When you locate the website, swipe left on it and tap Delete. See if you can use the controls for the video. If the issue persists, turn off any content blockers you may be using and test again.

If this issue happens on only one website, contact the website developer for more help.

Get back to use with the results when you're able.

Cheers!

May 5, 2020 11:56 AM in response to obildiren

Thank you once again, obildiren. Since the issue seems limited to Safari, I'd like you reinstall the operating system on your phone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch -- Before proceeding to reinstallation, please be sure to have a fresh backup to keep your personal information safe.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- I'd like for you to reinstall iOS. The section titled "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again" will walk you through all the steps to reinstall iOS software on your device. Once the process is complete, see if Safari is working as expected.

If you're still faced with the issue, is this a site you were able to use before with Safari? If you were, you might want to contact the website developer to see if they’re aware of an issue.

Regards.

May 3, 2020 2:36 AM in response to Matthew.S81

Hi Matthew.S81,

I have already tried all ways that I can do also that you advised. I restarted my phone, also tried hard reset. I cleaned all cookies l, histories.. turned off all content blockers. But nothing solved the problem.

Actually this issue is not happening in different browser as Chrome, Yandex, Firefox.. it’s connected with Safari.

That’s why i don’t suppose it’s related with website. On the other hand it’s happening in several sites.

Safari Video Player issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.