Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My computer is overheating when I am using ZOOM

Hello,

My computer is overheating when I am using ZOOM, does not matter if the call is one or more individuals on the call. I also have the computer on a hard surface. I bought my Mac Book Pro 2017 model last year. So it is fairly new, and I just use it for emails, zoom and word docs.

Any ideas on how I can prevent my computer from overheating?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 9:29 PM

My computer is overheating

How did you make that determination?

The reason for asking is that if your Mac does not spontaneously and unexpectedly shut down, then it is not overheating. Please read See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity.

3 replies

Apr 29, 2020 9:57 PM in response to Cris_sc

Cris_sc Said:

"Overheating: [...] My computer is overheating when I am using ZOOM, does not matter if the call is one or more individuals on the call. I also have the computer on a hard surface. I bought my Mac Book Pro 2017 model last year. So it is fairly new, and I just use it for emails, zoom and word docs. Any ideas on how I can prevent my computer from overheating?"

-------

Go Here: Security: Bash Updates - Zoom Support

I do not know if this would be a reason for this, but, reportedly, Zoom has had recent hacking: People Listening In.

So, I would avoid using Zoom to the best of your abilities. If you are forced to use it, then you must use it. So, the hacking may have much going on in the background.

But, Zoom's developers are reportedly aware of this high vulnerability, and are providing updates for it.

So, update Zoom by installing security updates.

My computer is overheating when I am using ZOOM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.