Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forcing restart of iPhone X and now phone not turning on

I cannot turn on my iPhone X. I turned it off as my apps weren’t opening due to full capacity of my phone and now I cannot turn it back on. It's been 24 hours since it started. The screen is completely black with the white apple logo. I tried pressing the volume up, volume down buttons and then hold the power button too. The apple logo disappears for a short time after this and then appears again. Once in a while the apple logo blinks too disappearing and coming back again. No matter what I click it doesn’t turn my phone back on. Can anyone help me? I’m running out of options. Thanks!

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 12:01 PM

Connect your phone to a computer that has iTunes installed. Once phone is connected to the computer and iTunes is open, do the force restart again (volume up/volume down/press power button). iTunes should recognize the phone and give you the option to re-install iOS or to restore it.

13 replies

Apr 29, 2020 11:51 PM in response to apfelkopf

I tried this and it eventually detected the device in iTunes but when I click update and want to install the latest software it seems to be doing it until I get an error message saying 'Installation error- We are unable to download the software due to a network problem'. I am connected to my wifi which is working well, so I have internet. I do not know how to jump this message and download/update to the newest version.

Apr 30, 2020 5:39 AM in response to crisale

I would also suggest to try to minimize network usage by other devices while trying to download the update. It seems like there is a time limit and if the download is not finished within that time it will fail. Not to be negative but the last time I had to do this, my download failed once and completed the second time but after all this the installation of the update on my phone failed and I had to do a restore anyway.

Forcing restart of iPhone X and now phone not turning on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.