Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Load iMessage history onto new Catalina install?

I did a clean install on my desktop and trying to get my iMessage history to load. iMessage is syncing to the cloud. I have signed out of all devices and signed back in, but still do not have all previous messages loaded on the desktop which has a newly installed Catalina?

iMessages works fiune and has all histroy on two other devices, a laptop and my iPhone.

Thanks for all suggestions,

Henry

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 12:09 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 30, 2020 2:13 PM in response to Henry Cline1

Hello Henry Cline1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your message history isn't loading on your iMac. You've done a great job trying to get this resolved. I'm happy to help.

I recommend testing the issue while in safe mode. Starting in safe mode allows your Mac to run certain checks, remove caches, and prevent login items from automatically launching. This can isolate possible third party issues. Use the steps and information in the link below for assistance with safe mode:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue persists, test in another user account. This will help determine if the issue is user specific or system wide.

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know the results. Please include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps that you may have never tried.

Have a nice day!

Load iMessage history onto new Catalina install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.