Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Possible Battery Bulge 2015 Macbook Pro

Hello, I am in desperate need of some advice. I noticed that my Macbook Pro isn't sitting completely flush and wobbles a little bit. I immediately suspected that the battery is expanding and causing a bulge as this had happened before with my previous macbook pro. Everything still works fine and it is not that noticeable but I am concerned. Right now during the lockdown there are no apple stores open and I have editing work to do with deadlines over the next few weeks. Do I need to send it in for repair immediately or is it safe to use while plugged into the an outlet. This is not one of the serial numbers associated with the recall, if that makes any difference. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 6:43 PM

Are all four feet still attached to the Bottom Case? If one of the feet came off, then it could cause the laptop to wobble. Otherwise it sounds like the battery is beginning to swell and it will only get worse (probably fairly quickly).

4 replies

Apr 29, 2020 6:50 PM in response to HWTech

Yes all four are still attached. You can barely tell there’s a bulge...almost unnoticeable, but I can tell because of marks in the middle where it’s likely hitting the desk. My problem is that all apple stores are closed and if it needs repair I’d have to send it in which may take awhile. I have a ton of editing work to do so I can’t really do that right now. Any idea how long I might have until it gets bad? Or any tips to help? It’s always off when I’m not using it and always plugged in when I am.

Possible Battery Bulge 2015 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.