Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+ HBO Channel Download Limit Problem

Hi,

I am subscribed to the HBO channel on Apple TV+ and am having trouble

with downloading shows to watch offline. Five days ago, I could download

about 10 episodes to my Ipad, but now I can only download 1 episode

before I get a message that says, "download limit reached. Delete HBO

shows and movies on your devices and try again."

I have deleted all the previous episodes that I have watched, but I still can't download more than 1 episode.

Please help me!!!

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2020 3:46 PM

Download and stream shows and movies from Apple TV+ and Apple TV channels - Apple Support

Limits for downloads
[…]
Some Apple TV channels might have limits for how many titles can be downloaded simultaneously and the number of devices you can download content on. If you reach the limit, the Apple TV app will alert you. You’ll need to delete previously downloaded TV episodes or movies on one of your (or your family's) devices before you can download anything else from that channel.

There may be a maximum of downloads for all devices of all users (including Family Sharing) of this subscription. It is not about just one iPad per se.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2020 3:46 PM in response to pvalent373

Download and stream shows and movies from Apple TV+ and Apple TV channels - Apple Support

Limits for downloads
[…]
Some Apple TV channels might have limits for how many titles can be downloaded simultaneously and the number of devices you can download content on. If you reach the limit, the Apple TV app will alert you. You’ll need to delete previously downloaded TV episodes or movies on one of your (or your family's) devices before you can download anything else from that channel.

There may be a maximum of downloads for all devices of all users (including Family Sharing) of this subscription. It is not about just one iPad per se.

Apr 30, 2020 10:44 AM in response to pvalent373

I don't have family sharing and I don't use more than one device.

Thank you for clearing that up. That was an unknown possibility. If your answer were different, then it might have been a solution.

As I said, I deleted all the previously downloaded episodes. All I can download now is one show before I get an alert saying I've reached the download limit.

Apple’s description on the support page suggests that the maximum number depends on the Channel, such that each content provider can heave their own limit. Did your contact with Apple or HBO reveal what the subscription limit for HBO downloads through Apple TV app Channels is supposed to be?

I'm sorry to be snarky, but I have called Apple support and they couldn't fix the problem. They told me to call HBO. When I called HBO they couldn't fix the problem either and told me to call Apple.

Sorry to hear that they’re pointing at each other. The formal answer may need to come from one of them … By that I mean how the number of downloads is being kept track of, and how to reset the counter, to get the full amount again.

I depend on offline viewing.

Offline viewing has been one of the perks of Apple TV app Channels, so I find it very understandable that you would want to make use of that.

Apr 30, 2020 7:53 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Did I mention anything about having family sharing? Did I mention anything about using more than one device?

I don't have family sharing and I don't use more than one device.

As I said, I deleted all the previously downloaded episodes. All I can download now is one show before I get an alert saying I've reached the download limit.

I'm sorry to be snarky, but I have called Apple support and they couldn't fix the problem. They told me to call HBO. When I called HBO they couldn't fix the problem either and told me to call Apple.

I have limited WiFi access and depend on offline viewing, so I hope you can understand my irritability when I get a notice that I've reached my download limit after downloading one show.

Apple TV+ HBO Channel Download Limit Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.