Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook and iPhone

My iPhone 6 plus keeps asking for my mac password to update my apple id settings, the problem is i dont use password to open my mac and i tried typing space but it wont work, the “done” button is unable to use if i leave it blank, how to solve this?

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 6:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 8:22 AM

When you turn on your Mac you don't have to enter a password to start using it? Just clicking on your icon is enough? Or do you use the Touch ID finger print scanner option on it assuming it has one.

If you click on Forgot Password, does it give you an option of selecitng a different device to use the password from?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2020 8:22 AM in response to Oskie1158

When you turn on your Mac you don't have to enter a password to start using it? Just clicking on your icon is enough? Or do you use the Touch ID finger print scanner option on it assuming it has one.

If you click on Forgot Password, does it give you an option of selecitng a different device to use the password from?

Macbook and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.