You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emergency notifications in greece

hi I have an iphone 4 and I want to get an emergency alerts and amber alerts.

but when I scroll down on notifications and scroll at bottom there is nothing there. no switch to activate or disable emergency alerts. but on my mums iphone 7. there is an option to turn on emergency alert. and he is receiving emergency alerts. because our goverment informs about coronavirus on iphones via emergency alert byt my iphone does not receive them. I cheked my carryers website and there is nothing about emergency alerts. also I had iphone 5 earlyer and it also was not receiving anything and also on there there was no option to turn them on. please help if you can

IOS version.7.1.2 thank you

iPhone 4

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 2:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:47 PM

The ability to turn them on or off are based on your SIM. You need to talk to your carrier. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. We cannot help you with a carrier issue.

5 replies

Apr 30, 2020 3:15 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

nonono. my mum and I have the same carriers. in greece there is one carrier called wind and also there are vodafone GR, TAZA MOBILE, Q TELEQOM AND A COSMOTE. AND MUM AND I ARE using Q telecom whitch supports emergency and amber alerts. but on my phone (iphone 4 and iphone 5) I can not receive a singe emergency alert. please help, thank you

emergency notifications in greece

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.