Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i delete the documents off my mac once ive added the documents to icloud drive?

Can i delete the documents off my mac once ive added the documents to icloud drive? I want to save the documents but free up space on my Mac

Posted on Apr 30, 2020 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 12:50 AM

Open system preferences > iCloud and uncheck the box of iCloud Drive a pop up window appears , showing to keep a copy of documents , and remove from the Mac .

( a ) if you had clicked on keep a copy , they will be archived in home folder that can be viewed by clicking on finder in the dock , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Home > your user name > iCloud Drive ( Archive ) .

Double click on unchecked box of iCloud Drive it will show seting up , the iCloud Drive box will get checked then delete the documents from finder > iCloud section > Documents ( just right click on them and move to trash ) , restart the Mac and empty the trash , however the precious documents are still saved in iCloud Drive ( archive ) , and the space is reduced .

Another method is move documents to another location https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchl1a02d711/mac

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 12:50 AM in response to LocalHooper

Open system preferences > iCloud and uncheck the box of iCloud Drive a pop up window appears , showing to keep a copy of documents , and remove from the Mac .

( a ) if you had clicked on keep a copy , they will be archived in home folder that can be viewed by clicking on finder in the dock , take cursor on top menu bar > Go > Home > your user name > iCloud Drive ( Archive ) .

Double click on unchecked box of iCloud Drive it will show seting up , the iCloud Drive box will get checked then delete the documents from finder > iCloud section > Documents ( just right click on them and move to trash ) , restart the Mac and empty the trash , however the precious documents are still saved in iCloud Drive ( archive ) , and the space is reduced .

Another method is move documents to another location https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mchl1a02d711/mac

Can i delete the documents off my mac once ive added the documents to icloud drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.