Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading and Installing MacOS Catalina

I am trying to download this new OS Catalina but I get stuck for 5 hours, tried a few times, it sometimes manages to reach the end of the download but when it starts installation it says "New system files can't be installed" no reason why.

I am running Mojave 10.14.6 MacBook pro 13 2015

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 1, 2020 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2020 3:09 AM

If you are going to download Catalina it is a whopping 8.24GBs download make sure your mac is connected to your router via cable rather than WiFi. Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection while your mac is downloading.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2020 3:09 AM in response to oxun

If you are going to download Catalina it is a whopping 8.24GBs download make sure your mac is connected to your router via cable rather than WiFi. Do not use the mac while it is downloading and do not use any other devices that share the same internet connection while your mac is downloading.

May 6, 2020 1:47 AM in response to oxun

Thank you for your reply. I tried as you suggested but I don't have the cable and there was no where to get one so I dowloaded the system onto a usb stick and installed from there, It was a lot faster to download onto the stick and the installation went well with no glitches. Thank you very much for your time.

Downloading and Installing MacOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.