Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have downloaded the OS Catalina, but when installing it on my Macbook Pro it does not install and there is no error displayed?

What is the possible issue? I have over 200GB storage

Posted on Aug 7, 2021 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2021 10:05 AM

Do you have any anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, or third party security apps installed? These types of apps may prevent the macOS installer from working. If you have these types of apps installed, then uninstall them by following the developer's instructions. These types of apps are not needed with a Mac and usually cause more problems than they solve plus they impact system performance. You can also try booting into Safe Mode to run the installer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2021 10:05 AM in response to darek193

Do you have any anti-virus apps, cleaning apps, or third party security apps installed? These types of apps may prevent the macOS installer from working. If you have these types of apps installed, then uninstall them by following the developer's instructions. These types of apps are not needed with a Mac and usually cause more problems than they solve plus they impact system performance. You can also try booting into Safe Mode to run the installer.

I have downloaded the OS Catalina, but when installing it on my Macbook Pro it does not install and there is no error displayed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.